Tips and Ideas
Phones4Charity is dedicated to helping you with your phone drive. It is easy to start collecting phones. Here are a few tips and ideas on how to have a successful phone drive.
Promote Your Phones4Charity Phone Drive Collection
- Send out flyers, e-mails, letters, newsletters, and posters to promote your collection.
- Create a press release and contact your local news papers and radio stations to let them know about your phone drive. Phones 4 Charity is a new concept and can generate additional media attention for your organization.
- Add Phones 4 Charity information to your organization's Website.
- Include Phones 4 Charity in your advertising materials.
- Inform other chapters/affiliates about Phones 4 Charity.
- Ask local media sponsors to encourage listeners/viewers/readers to drop off phones to a designated location in support of your event or organization.
- Ask friends to set up drop boxes in their stores, restaurants, or offices in support of your event or organization.
- Ask corporate sponsors to set up collection boxes and promote phone collection within their businesses.
Expand the number of donated phones.
- Ask volunteers to set up collection drives at their individual workplaces, and increase your potential to reach wider audiences. mechanism for your company's charitable giving programs.
- Encourage your board members to set up collection drives at their places of business.
- Give participants in sponsored individual or team events (walks, runs, marathons, etc.) the option of collecting phones instead of cash from their sponsors.
- Set up contests to see who can collect the most phones.
Incorporate Phones4Charity Into Existing
- Set up a drop box at any event site (walks, runs, galas, bowl-a-thons, golf tournaments, etc.).
- Use pre-event promotion to inform participants to bring their used phones to donate.
- Ask for used wireless phones as the "price" of entry for fairs and other events.
Look at the many benefits of the Phones4Charity program:
- For your company - provides funds for charitable endeavors, enhances image in community and can add to the bottom line.
- For your charity - funds to help them reach their goals.
- For the environment - reuse of idle handsets and the proper disposal of obsolete phones or exhausted batteries.
- For your customers and employees - an opportunity to feel good about themselves for donating their phones and to feel good about who they do business with. It's a win-win initiative!!!